Alice 105.9 Lucky Shamrock Pick
Entry Dates: March 16, 2013
These contest rules are specific to the above contest conducted by Entercom Denver, LLC d/b/a KALC (collectively, the “Station”). Except to the extent specifically set forth below with respect to this specific contest, the Station’s general contest rules apply to this contest as well. A copy of these specific rules and the Station’s general contest rules are available at the Station’s studio at 4700 S. Syracuse St., Suite 1050, Denver CO 80237, during regular business hours and on the contest page on the Station’s website at: www.alice1059.com. To the extent that the Station’s general contest rules differ from these rules, these rules will govern and control with respect to this contest.
How to Enter/How to Win
1. No purchase necessary.
2. TO HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE GRAND PRIZE EVENT FOR THE CHANCE TO WIN THE GRAND PRIZE, YOU MUST BE PRESENT AT THE GRAND PRIZE EVENT ON SATURDAY, MARCH 16, 2013 AT THE TAVERN LOCATED AT 1949 MARKET STREET IN DENVER, CO AND MUST COMPLETE REGISTRATION FOR THE GRAND PRIZE EVENT BY 2:00PM MOUNTAIN STANDARD TIME. YOU MUST ALSO REMAIN UNTIL THE END OF THE EVENT TO BE ELIGIBLE TO BECOME THE FINALIST.
3. Official entry forms will be made available at The Tavern on Saturday, March 16, 2013 starting at 12:00pm MT until approximately 2:00pm MT, while supplies last. Official entry form availability may be limited. To enter, fully complete an official entry form with all required information including your name, address (including city, state and zip code), valid email, birth date, and phone number (including area code). Deposit completed entry in the official registration box available at event location. Maximum of one entry per person. All entries must be handwritten, fully complete and legible. Any incomplete or illegible entries will be disqualified. No mechanically reproduced or photocopied entries permitted. Eligible entries must be received by 2:00pm Mountain Time on Saturday, March 16, 2013 to be valid. Each participant must submit an entry on his/her own behalf. Any entry submitted on behalf of another individual or using another person’s name will be disqualified and ineligible to claim any prize. Difficulties with getting to event location to enter the contest are not the responsibility of Sponsor.
4. At Approximately 2:10pm Mountain Time on March 16, 2013, a Station Representative from KALC will randomly choose (5) entries out of the official entry container and read off the names on each selected entry form. Each selected finalists’ name will be announced by the Station Representative two times over an approximate 1-minute period. Each finalist will have approximately 1 minute from the last announcement to make his or her presence known to a Station representative. Any finalist who fails to make their presence known within 1 minute of the last announcement of his or her name will be disqualified from participating in the Grand Prize Event (see details below). An alternate finalist will then be selected from all remaining eligible entries received and notified per the procedures outlined above. All selected finalists must present a valid, government issued photo ID upon check-in. In addition, all Finalists will be required to sign a Release in order to be permitted to participate in the Grand Prize Event, that, among other things, relieves and releases the Station, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, managers, and employees from any and all liability with respect to any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from (a) participation in the Contest and/or (b) the acceptance, possession and/or use of any prize awarded hereunder. Finalist spots are not assignable or transferable. Any selected finalist who does not meet the eligibility requirements, do not sign the Release “as-is”, or do not wish to participate in the grand prize contest will be disqualified. An alternate finalist will then be randomly selected and notified per the procedures outlined above, time permitting. Decisions of judges in the selection, notification and confirmation of finalist(s) being present within the required time limit; and all matters related to the contest are final and binding.
5. GRAND PRIZE EVENT. At approximately 2:15pm Mountain Time, a Station representative will invite up to five (5) finalists to participate in a chance to win the Grand Prize (see details below), subject to confirmation of eligibility and compliance with the Contest rules.
6. EACH FINALIST IS ONLY ENTITLED TO ONE (1) OPPORTUNITY TO SELECT THREE (3) STATION-PROVIDED ENVELOPES AT THE GRAND PRIZE EVENT. THREE OF THE TWENTY-FOUR ENVELOPES CONTAIN A NOTICE THAT THE FINALIST WILL BE ENTITLED TO WIN $5,000 AND A TRIP FOR (2) TO DUBLIN, IRELAND (SEE GRAND PRIZE DETAILS BELOW) , SUBJECT TO ELIGIBILITY AND COMPLIANCE WITH THESE CONTEST RULES. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT THE $5,000 AND A TRIP FOR (2) TO IRELAND GRAND PRIZE WILL ACTUALLY BE AWARDED IN THIS CONTEST.
7. In order for the Grand Prize to be awarded to a Finalist, a Finalist must select three (3) envelopes from the display of envelopes provided by Station (each Finalist will be provided with their own unique set of twenty-four (24) envelopes to choose from). The Finalist will only be entitled to the Grand Prize if all of the following are satisfied:
a. The Finalist’s selection of an envelope must occur in the presence of the designated KALC contest representative and one (1) non-participating party. Any attempt of the Finalist not made in the presence of the witnesses for any reason will be disqualified and Finalist will not be eligible to try again nor to win the Grand Prize.
b. Each of the 24 sealed contest envelopes will be identical in size, shape, and color with the exception of the number printed on the outside of each envelope to encompass the range from 1 to 24..
c. Each of the sealed contest envelopes will be labeled with a number to encompass the entire range of numbers from 1 to 24.
d. Each Finalist will be required to select a maximum of three (3) sealed contest envelopes.
e. Each Finalist will then open and remove the certificates contained inside each of the contest envelopes.
f. Each Finalist will reveal the enclosed certificates to the designated Station representative to determine if the certificates are a “Winning” or “Non-Winning” prize certificate.
g. Opening more than three (3) sealed contest envelopes for any reason will disqualify the Finalist, and void any opportunity to claim the Grand Prize.
h. In order to claim the Grand Prize, all (3) sealed contest envelopes selected and opened by the Finalist must each contain a “Winning” certificate for a total of (3) “Winning” certificates, and the Finalist must be eligible and comply with Station and Million Dollar Media verification requirements and with these Contest rules. The winning symbol printed on the Grand Prize Winning certificates for this contest will be a ‘Shamrock’ or other similar text clearly distinguishing it as a “Winning” certificate. The “Non-Winning” prize certificates will be printed with “Sorry – Not a Grand Prize Winner” or other similar text clearly distinguishing it as a “Non-Winning” certificate.
i. Each potential winner MUST satisfy the prize claim requirements described in Prize Section below.
8. In the event that a Finalist does not select the three (3) prize envelopes that each contain a grand prize winning certificate, then the Grand Prize will not be awarded to that Finalist.
9. IMPORTANT: In the event of an error in the preparation of the contest materials or any tampering that results in a set of twenty-four (24) sealed contest envelopes containing more than (3) “Winning Prize Certificates” other than the designated winning envelopes as designated on the master envelope (which will be verified by Million Dollar Media), that particular Finalist attempt is void. In that event, the Finalist will only be entitled to re-attempt the Contest, and will be provided a new set of sealed contest envelopes for his or her re-attempt on another date to be mutually agreed upon by the Finalist and the Station.
10. Station is not responsible for any agreements made by Finalists, verbal or written, to each other or to third parties due to their participation in this Contest, Contest and/or associated event or appearance with any person or entity.
11. All Finalists must strictly follow all instructions and directions given by Station personnel at the Grand Prize Event. Failure to do so may result in immediate disqualification, as determined in the sole discretion of Station personnel.
12. GRAND PRIZE: Up to five (5) Grand Prizes, if any, of $5,000 and a trip for (2) to Dublin, Ireland may be awarded and will only be awarded upon satisfaction of the circumstances described in these contest rules are satisfied and upon Grand Prize Winner validation and verification by Station and Million Dollar Media, LLC, subject to eligibility and compliance with these contest rules. A maximum of five (5) Grand Prizes will be awarded (if any at all). The only people eligible to possibly win the Grand Prize will be the five (5) Finalists.
13. Grand prize (if awarded) is a $5,000 company check and a trip for two (including finalist and one (1) guest age 21 or older) to Dublin, Ireland with maximum retail value of $5,000, including sales tax (actual value of the trip will depend on point of departure and any airfare fluctuations).
14. . Winner will be required to complete all relevant prize acceptance documents including a W-9 Form prior to receipt of grand prize. Grand Prize will be released to winner only. The trip includes:
• Round trip coach class airfare for two (winner and guest) from Denver to Dublin, Ireland. Actual departure date, times and airline based upon availability and will be solely determined by Station and third-party prize provider, Million Dollar Media (“Prize Provider”).
• Three (3)-nights standard double occupancy hotel accommodations at designated hotel in the Dublin, Ireland area.
15. All travel arrangements are based upon availability, and subject to the terms and conditions of travel providers. Sponsor is not responsible for any travel delays or difficulty. If travel delays or difficulty prevent arrival in time for any and all elements of trip, Station and Prize Provider is not responsible for awarding any compensation in lieu thereof. Each winner and his/her guest must travel together on the same itinerary. Any changes to completed travel arrangements, once booked, are the sole responsibility of the winner, and are solely at the winner’s expense.
16. Certain black-out dates may apply including but not limited to 11/27 – 11/29/13; 12/24 - 12/26/13; 12/30/13 - 1/1/14. All travel arrangements require a minimum of 30-days advance request, are based solely upon availability, and must be completed by 3/15/2014, or prize award is forfeited.
17. All other costs or expenses not specified as part of the grand prize are at the winner’s sole expense including ground transportation; meals; gratuities; baggage check fees; and any other associated costs. Winner(s) and travel guests are responsible for obtaining and paying for all required travel documents for overseas travel (including but not limited to valid passports).
18. Grand Prize Winner(s) shall receive an IRS Form 1099 and such prize will be reported to the Internal Revenue Service for the 2013 tax year for the total cash value of the Grand Prize.
19. Sponsors are not responsible for prize information or documents, which are lost or mis-delivered by the postal service or carrier.
20. In the event of a Grand Prize winner, winner will be required to sign one or more affidavits and/or liability release agreements “as is”, provide a valid US federal or state government issued photo ID, and sign an IRS W-9 before the prize is awarded within three (3) business days of winning. Failure to do so for any reason within three (3) business days of winning at the Grand Prize Event will result in automatic forfeiture of the Grand Prize in this Contest and disqualification of such potential Grand Prize Winner. If won, the $5,000 portion of the Grand Prize will be payable to Grand Prize Winner only in the form of a company check available to be picked up by Grand Prize Winner within 6 to 8 weeks after the Grand Prize Winner has been determined. Station will contact Grand Prize Winner by phone at the phone number provided to Station when check is available to be picked up. Station will only be required to leave one (1) message at the telephone number provided by Grand Prize winner to Station in his or her entry. Station shall have no responsibility for any technical failures of answering machine.
21. No family member, friend or other person will be allowed to accept the prize on behalf of the Grand Prize Winner.
22. Notarized affidavits and recorded statements may be required from the contest administrator, witness and Grand Prize Winner to verify compliance with terms and conditions.
23. The sponsors of this contest are Entercom Denver, LLC.
Other Rules Specific to This Contest
24. Odds of becoming a Finalist depends on a number of circumstances, including, but not limited to, the number of entries received. Odds of the Finalist winning the Grand Prize are 1:2,024.
25. In addition to the eligibility restrictions set forth in the Station’s general contest rules, employees (including, without limitation, part-time or temporary employees) of Million Dollar Media and its respective parent entities, subsidiaries, affiliated companies and advertising and promotion agencies at any time during the applicable contesting period and the immediate family (i.e., current and ex- spouses, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, and siblings and in-laws and steps in any of the foregoing categories) and other household members (i.e., roommates, housemates, significant others, and partners of each legally residing at the same address) are NOT eligible to enter and/or to win the Contest.