- 12 ounces cooked beef (such as steak, roast, pot roast or deli roast beef), thinly sliced
- 4 eggs or 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- 4 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 4 whole wheat round thin sandwich breads, split, toasted
1. Combine eggs, spinach and tomato in medium bowl. Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add egg mixture; cook 2 to 4 minutes or until eggs are almost set, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, if desired.
2. Divide egg mixture into 4 separate portions in pan. Evenly top with cheese and beef. Remove from heat and cover. Let stand 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
3. Place one egg portion on bread bottoms. Close sandwiches; serve immediately.
Variation: Reduced-fat cheddar cheese may be substituted for Swiss cheese and 1 cup diced bell peppers may be substituted for tomato and spinach. Sauté bell peppers in large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add eggs and continue as directed in step 1.
Nutrition information per serving: 384 calories; 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat; 5 g monounsaturated fat); 282 mg cholesterol; 336 mg sodium; 22 g carbohydrate; 5.4 g fiber; 42 g protein; 4.7 mg niacin; 0.3 mg vitamin B6; 3.2 mcg vitamin B12; 4.8 mg iron; 41.4 mcg selenium; 6.0 mg zinc; 127.1 mg choline.