Alice 105.9 Secret Sound
Secret Sound Contest Rules
These contest rules are specific to the above contest conducted by Entercom Denver, LLC d/b/a KALC-FM (“Station”). Except to the extent specifically set forth below with respect to this specific contest, the Station’s general contest rules apply to this contest as well. A copy of these specific contest rules and the Station’s general contest rules are available at the Station’s studio at 4700 S. Syracuse St, #1050, Denver, CO 80237 during regular business hours and on the contest page on the Station’s website at Alice1059.com. To the extent that the general contest rules differ from these rules, these rules will govern and control with respect to this Contest.
1. No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
2. Weekdays (excluding holidays) from Thursday, June 7, 2012 until when the Jackpot is awarded (as described below in Section 3), in the 3:00pm hour and 5:00pm hour, listen for the recorded “secret sound” to try to guess “What Is that?”. When the recorded “sounder” is played, caller one hundred and five (105) to the Station’s contest line at (303) 631-2542 will be given the opportunity to guess “What is That?”. In order to win, the correct number caller will need to correctly guess the sound. A station judge who knows what the sound will be the SOLE determiner of whether a guess is correct or not. This decision is not appealable. In cases where a previous guess may be similar but slightly different from another answer subsequently given that was determined to be a winning answer, the earlier caller has NO RIGHT to claim that they also provided the correct answer (the difference between a correct or incorrect answer is at the sole discretion of the particular Station judge and may be based on a slight difference in interpretation in each instance or a missing element in an answer that one judge may consider critical but another may not have). Any decision by a judge that a guess is “close enough” or “not close enough” may NOT be used by a contestant to argue that such decision is a waiver of any kind with respect to any subsequent answer by any other entrant. Contestants are encouraged to keep track of the incorrect guesses previously selected by other contestants. If a contestant selects a guess selected by a previous contestant, that contestant will not be given another chance to guess.
3. If the Station judge determines that the guess is correct, that caller will win the then-current Jackpot. The amount of the Jackpot will start at $500, and may be increased. Thursday June 7, June 14 and June 21 will be $1000 Dollar Thursdays, where $1000 will be added to the contest prize for that day. If the Station judge determines that the guess is correct, that caller will win the current Jackpot and $1000 on June 7, June 14 and June 21 only.
4. If the Station judge determines that the sound was not correctly guessed by a contestant, that contestant will not win any prize in this contest and Station management will add $100 to the jackpot in the subsequent play of the contest. On Thousand Dollar Thursday’s, if the Station judge determines that the sound was not correctly guessed by a contestant by the end of the Contest Day, the $1000 will not roll over into the next contest day.
5. There will be two (2) “What Is That?” contest plays per contesting weekday in the 3:00pm and 5:00pm hours.
6. Only calls received at (303) 631-2542 are eligible to participate in this contest.
7. WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions due to buffering limitations. Contest Participants should not rely on streamed broadcasts.
8. If the Station does not receive at least one hundred five (105) calls within 30 minutes of when the cue to call is played, that play of the contest will not be repeated and no money will be subtracted from the Jackpot for that round.
9. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, IN THE EVENT THAT A JACKPOT IS WON IN THIS CONTEST, STATION RESERVES THE RIGHT (BUT NOT THE OBLIGATION) TO CONTINUE THIS CONTEST WITH A NEW SOUND AND A NEW JACKPOT ONE OR MORE ADDITIONAL TIMES. IN THE EVENT THAT THE STATION ELECTS TO DO SO: (a) all of the rules set forth herein shall continue to apply to subsequent plays of this contest with new sounds, (b) each new Jackpot will start with no more than $500 as set forth in these rules, (c) IN NO EVENT WILL THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF PRIZES AWARDED THROUGH JACKPOTS IN THIS CONTEST EXCEED $5,000.00 TOTAL, (c) in the event that Station elects to continue this contest with a new sound and Jackpot, that fact will be announced on-air at least 24 hours in advance of the start of the next round of this contest (if any) and Station may, in its sole discretion, also announce such fact on www.alice1059.com, and/or to Station club/email members, and (d) in the event that Station elects to continue this contest with a new sound and Jackpot, there will be no more than five (5) business days between the end of the preceding play of the contest and the start of the next round (with a new sound and Jackpot) of this contest.
10. POSSIBLE HINTS: Station reserves the right (but not the obligation) to provide hints or clues from time to time related to what the Secret Sound is. Clues/hints could take of the form of any of the following, from time to time, in Station’s sole discretion: (a) posting the actual audio of the sound somewhere on its website, (b) announcing hints about what the sound is on the air, on the Station’s website and/or (c) posting incorrect guesses on the Station’s website (in which case, all guesses from the start of the contest for that sound will all be posted through the date that Station last decides to update any such list). In the event that Station elects to provide any such clues/hints, Station has no obligation whatsoever to announce in advance or announce in any specific manner that it will provide such clues/hints; provided, however, that Station may from time to time (but is not required to do so in all instances or in any specific instance) elect to announce on-air, and/or the Station’s website that such clue/hint are or may be available. Not hearing and/or not receiving information about potential hints in this contest shall NOT be deemed an unfair disadvantage to any potential entrant. Although all or some potential entrants may have access to clues/hints, no person will receive any advantage to calling in to win.
11. Odds of winning the grand prize depends upon the number of calls received.
12. Up to one (1) grand prize will be awarded in this contest. The verified grand prize winner in this contest will receive a cash prize in the Jackpot amount last announced on-air by the Station. Cash prize will be no more than $5,000.
13. Cash prizes will be paid by company check and will be available within 8 weeks of winning.
14. The sponsor of this contest is Entercom Denver, LLC and Credit Union of Denver.
Other Rules Specific to This Contest
15. In order to enter this contest, the entrant must be 18 years or older on the date of entry.
16. All times above and in any text message to Text Entrants are local Denver, Colorado time.
17. Station has no obligation or responsibility whatsoever, regardless of the reason, for any potential entrant’s failure to access the Station website, receive or send an email or text message.