Passing knowledge and life lessons on to your kids is an important part of parenting. Mothers always have the best advice so we’ve compiled a list of 20 things every mom should tell their sons… Here are a few:
“1. You will set the tone for the sexual relationship, so don’t take something away from her that you can’t give back.
2. Play a sport. It will teach you how to win honorably, lose gracefully, respect authority, work with others, manage your time, and stay out of trouble. And maybe even throw or catch.
3. Use careful aim when you pee. Somebody’s got to clean that up, you know.
4. Save money when you’re young because you’ll need it someday.
5. Allow me to introduce you to the dishwasher, oven, washing machine, iron, vacuum, mop and broom. Now please go use them.
6. Pray and be a spiritual leader.
7. Don’t ever be a bully and don’t ever start a fight, but if some idiot clocks you, please defend yourself.
8. Your knowledge and education is something that nobody can take away from you.
9. Treat women kindly. Forever is a long time to live alone and it’s even longer to live with somebody who hates your guts.
10. Take pride in your appearance.
11. Be strong and tender at the same time.
12. Remember to call your mother because I might be missing you.”
Slacker wished his mom had introduced him to the dishwasher and washing machine because he is completely useless in the cleaning department. Steve agreed with #2- as did Slacker who has a son- because team sports teach people a lot about themselves.
Is anything missing? What should moms tell their sons on a day to day basis?
My personal favorite is #7, but I also highly agree with #1 and #11 because there’s no shame in a man acting like a human being and not just a man… don’t forget that you’re human too and you’re not entirely defined by your gender. If I’m ever a mother of a son I can’t wait to shower with him advice like this because it’ll help him become a well-rounded, decent individual who will, I’m sure, have the coolest mom ever.
(photo courtesy of freedigitalphotos.net)