Sometimes you just need to vent…and we want to hear it!
Slacker wants to complain about customer service...not customer service people themselves, but the people that hire the most lethargic, bland people on the face of the planet to be their first line of defense! He went to buy lottery tickets today. After waiting in line, he got to the counter and asked for his tickets. The woman behind the counter got upset, refused to help him and pointed to a hand-written sign that said the lottery machine was down. He said the sign was not even visable to people standing in line and there was a huge Powerball sign above the counter! He doesn't understand why customer service people get upset when they actually have to provide customer service!
What do you want to complain about? Tell us what Gets Your Goat!
We get a lot of OPPs…and some of them aren't quite big enough to take up a whole hour. Today we'll tackle some of those and any little OPPs you may have! Here are a few to get us started:
Yi! My nephew is graduating high school at the beginning of June and I don't want to sound like a bad aunt, but I really don't want to give him money as a gift. As of right now he has no plans for the future – no higher education of any kind, no job prospects, not even volunteer work or an internship. If he had a goal that he was working towards, I would be fine with giving him cash or a check to help him in his endeavor – but that is not the case. I asked my brother what I should get him and he told me money. When I told him there was no way that was happening – he got offended. Is it wrong that I don't want to give my nephew cash for graduation? Should I suck it up and do it anyway? If I don't give him money what should I get him? Please help!
My boyfriend and I were having relations the other night. We we're on the couch and he reached over and grabbed a piece of pizza off the coffee table and took a bite! It totally grossed me out! Who eats during sex? Has anyone ever had someone eat while they were having relations with them and what did they say?
Yi S&S- I'm getting pretty overwhelmed with how popular I am these days, and by that I mean I'm up to my ears in party invites and I just can't take it anymore! It seems everyone I know is either having a baby, getting married, has a kid who is graduating, or is trying to sell candles, or jewelry, or kitchen crap. I'm not made of money and whenever I'm invited to a party that means I need to spend money I don't have to either buy a gift or order something that I don't want. Is it horrible to want to decline every invite and just hide in my home for the next few months?
Yi! I have been seeing a guy that lives with his parents. I have my own place and he is over here about 4 nights a week because my place is close to his work. After we have relations he leaves to go back to his parents place. I told him that if we are going to have relations then he has to spend the night because I feel dirty when he "hits-it-and-quits-it". I told him from now on we will only have sex if he spends the night. Am I crazy for feeling "dirty"? Has anyone else had to do this with their man?
Do you have a little problem you need advice on? What is is it?
Need to get crayon off the wall? Colgate toothpaste! Baked on food? Fill the pan with water and put a dryer sheet in it! These are just a few of the many life hacks we have. Here are a few more:
1. Budweiser beer conditions the hair
2. Pam cooking spray will dry finger nail polish
3. Cool whip will condition your hair in 15 minutes
4. Mayonnaise will KILL LICE, it will also condition your hair
5. Elmer's Glue - paint on your face, allow it to dry, peel off and see the dead skin and blackheads if any.
6. Shiny Hair - use brewed Lipton Tea
7. Sunburn - empty a large jar of Nestea into your bath water
8. Minor burn - Colgate or Crest toothpaste
9. Burn your tongue? Put sugar on it!
10. Arthritis? WD-40 Spray and rub in, kill insect stings too
11 Bee stings - meat tenderizer
12. Chigger bite - Preparation H
13. Puffy eyes - Preparation H
14. Paper cut - crazy glue or chap stick (glue is used instead of sutures at most hospitals)
15. Stinky feet - Jello
16. Athletes feet - cornstarch
17. Fungus on toenails or fingernails - Vicks vapor rub
18. Kool aid to clean dishwasher pipes. Just put in the detergent section and run a cycle, it will also clean a toilet. (Wow, and we drink this stuff)
19. Kool Aid can be used as a dye in paint also Kool Aid in Dannon plain yogurt as a finger paint, your kids will love it and it won't hurt them if they eat it!
20. Peanut butter - will get scratches out of CD's! Wipe off with a coffee filter paper
21. Sticking bicycle chain - Pam no-stick cooking spray
22. Pam will also remove paint, and grease from your hands! Keep a can in your garage for your hubby
23. Peanut butter will remove ink from the face of dolls
24. When the doll clothes are hard to put on, sprinkle with corn starch and watch them slide on
25. Heavy dandruff - pour on the vinegar !
26. Body paint - Crisco mixed with food coloring. Heat the Crisco in the microwave, pour in to an empty film container and mix with the food color of your choice!
27 Tie Dye T-shirt - mix a solution of Kool Aid in a container, tie a rubber band around a section of the T-shirt and soak
28. Preserving a newspaper clipping - large bottle of club soda and cup of milk of magnesia , soak for 20 min. and let dry, will last for many years!
29. A Slinky will hold toast and CD's!
30. To keep goggles and glasses from fogging, coat with Colgate toothpaste
31. Wine stains, pour on the Morton salt and watch it absorb into the salt.
32. To remove wax - Take a paper towel and iron it over the wax stain, it will absorb into the towel.
33. Remove labels off glassware etc. rub with Peanut butter!
34. Baked on food - fill container with water, get a Bounce paper softener and the static from the Bounce towel will cause the baked on food to adhere to it. Soak overnight. Also; you can use 2 Efferdent tablets , soak overnight!
35. Crayon on the wall - Colgate toothpaste and brush it!
36. Dirty grout - Listerine
37. Stains on clothes - Colgate toothpaste
38. Grass stains - Karo Syrup
39. Grease Stains - Coca Cola , it will also remove grease stains from the driveway overnight. We know it will take corrosion from car batteries!
40. Fleas in your carpet? 20 Mule Team Borax- sprinkle and let stand for 24 hours. Maybe this will work if you get them back again.
41. To keep FRESH FLOWERS longer Add a little Clorox , or 2 Bayer aspirin , or just use 7-up instead of water.
42. Gatorade is good for Migraine Headaches (PowerAde won't work)
BJ & Jamie want to show their appreciation for YOU,
the loyal listeners who wake up with the show each and every day!
Summer is alomost here and BJ & Jamie are throwing a party! Join BJ and Coors Light Porch Party at Jackson's in Lodo! Enjoy a free and private concert from Season 9 American Idol Winner Lee DeWyze as well as plenty of fun and games. Who knows...maybe you'll even win a trip to Los Angeles to see Taylor Swift at the Staples Center or a trip to New Jersey to see Bon Jovi play Giants Stadium!
Reserve your spot now for free - simply fill out the form below and you will receive a confirmation and follow-up from the Alice Promotions Department. Spots are limited, so don't wait and reserve today! This is a 21+ event.
BJ & Jamie's Porch Party
Friday, May 24
Jackson's Lodo Rooftop
1520 20th Street, Denver
Must be 21+ to enter.
Reserve your seats.
Lee DeWyze is an American singer-songwriter who was the winner of American Idol. DeWyze auditioned in Chicago at the United Center for the 9th season of American Idol on June 22, 2009. He auditioned with the song "Ain't No Sunshine". He was one of only 13 people from Chicago, the lowest number out of all 7 audition cities, to make it through to Hollywood week.
Prior to Idol, DeWyze had a solo career and formed the Lee DeWyze Band. He had also released two independent albums called So I'm Told in 2007 and Slumberland in 2010, both on WuLi Records. His post-Idol album Live It Up was released on November 16, 2010, through 19 Entertainment and RCA Records. WuLi Records, citing demand from DeWyze's fan base, released a third album of pre-Idol recordings, What Once Was, on February 14, 2012. Read More...
There is a picture of a lady here in the studio and Bj and Sean think that she looks like she would be a lot of work and high maintenance, Jamie does not understand why? And is wondering if she may be a bit High maintenance? Can you look at a picture andtell is a person is high maintenance?
A London man recently crashed into a grocery store just hours after buying a new Porsche! We want to know…have you ever bought something and ruined almost immediately?
The London man who crashed his Porsche into a grocery store hours just after buying it the store manager Tom Jones said, "The chap who had the crash had just bought the car. He thought it was in reverse and accelerated straight into the fire exit in his brand new Porsche. Thankfully no-one was injured. The car had a few scratches. The door was damaged, but I don't think it was too serious."
Slacker waited in life for hours for the iPhone3 when it first came out and right after getting his new phone, he dropped it, and it skipped like a pebble across water on the concert…Just after it comes to a stop in the middle of the road a car come and runs it flatter than a pancake. Steve was close with his motorcycle…
What have you ruined almost immediately?
A while back I was vacationing with my family and got some moccasin slippers…wearing them that night I accidently stepped on one of the strings and broke it. Definitely not a big deal, but they still haven't been fixed.
Summer is right around the corner and that means it's almost road trip time! We want to hear your most outrageous road trip story!
Road trips with friends can go badly very quickly. They key is to communicate ahead of time about your expectations. Decide what kind of activities you want to do and be honest about whether or not sharing a room is a good idea. Remember just because you are close doesn't mean you will get along on a vacation together - some personalities don't mesh when they're traveling. You may end up not being friends in the end.
A new survey by Ford and YourTango reveals that 90% of couples believe road tripping strengthens their relationship. Other findings:
- 44% of couples say the best part of a road trip is the fun and adventure
- 70% of couples love blasting their favorite music while road tripping
- 74% of couples hold hands and kiss at red lights
Slacker and Steve think that the survey from Ford is way false! They want to hear the truth, and how much you suffered! Slacker went on a road trip with his family way back in the day, being so excited to go see the ocean and of course the ocean was closed the one day they were there to see it! Lil D got on a high speed chase in the middle of Ohio, they wanted to get the car up to 100 and right as they did passed a couple of cops and just kept going, ended up running a red light and losing them in some suburbs.
What is your most outrageous road trip story?
I went on a road trip with my family and it was cool and all, just there wasn't enough space to breathe a second car would have been better. I also have gone with friend which was fine and all, but in the end two of us were so annoyed with the third that things became awkward….