Dating... in order to find the right person it's just something you gotta do no matter how painful it is to suffer through the bad ones. We’ve got a list of what you should and shouldn’t do on a first date:
10 First Date Do's & Don'ts from yourtango.com
1. Do show up on time. Being late is rude and a major turn-off. First impressions count.
2. Do look your best. This shows your date you've actually put some effort in your appearance. The neater the better, so dress to impress.
3. Do show your smile. Don't be afraid to show off those pearly whites. A great smile can light up a room.
4. Do be courteous. Being polite and well-mannered shows your consideration for others.
5. Do show him/her you're listening. Always pay attention to what your date is saying. This shows you are interested in the person sitting across from you.
6. Do give him/her compliments. Giving praise is very positive and welcomed. It's a great boost for morale
7. Don't be something you're not. Don't be fake or put on an act. Be yourself; the best version of you.
8. Don't text others during the date. Texting while on a date is a big "no-no"! It's just plain rude.
9. Don't talk about your ex. No one wants to spend the whole date talking about your relationship disasters. Leave the past in the past and get to know the person in front of you.
10. Don't be rude to the wait staff. This is a sure-fire way to lose your date's interest. Treat the wait staff with respect and tip accordingly.
Slacker can’t stand when people are either late for a date or annoyingly early. Just be on time! Steve says that guys should just show up and be quiet; let the girl do all the talking so you don’t end up talking about yourself.
What are your first date stories?
I wouldn’t necessarily call it a first date (it was something, but who really knows), but I was taken to a strip club. I don’t really need to say anything else but it was definitely awkward beyond belief.
(photo courtesy of freedigitalphotos.net)