Yi!!! It's FrYIday!
It’s also one week to the day: Black Friday!!! Whether it was a fight, you got the last of a coveted item, or you were a part of any other Black Friday chaos…
Here Are the Four Most Stressful Things About Black Friday...
A new survey says more than HALF of us plan to start our holiday shopping by Thanksgiving . . . and 80% plan to spend more on Black Friday than they did last year. One in three people say the most stressful part of Black Friday is the thought of so many people packed into every store, and one in four say it's worrying the store will run out of what they want.
IT'S NEVER TOO EARLY TO DISCUSS.... A "BLACK FRIDAY" SHOPPING STRATEGY
If you want to score the best deals on holiday gifts, here are a few tips to get you ready for the "Black Friday" crowds.
-Set a spending limit. Focus on what you need and what you can afford.
- Do your homework. Check sales fliers online and get the Thanksgiving Day newspaper to see what deals are being offered at what times.
- Let someone else do your homework. Check popular savings sites.
- Score free gift cards. Some stores also offer free gift cards with purchase on popular electronics like iPods and video game consoles.
- Find shopping buddies. If you want to get items at more than one store, try using the "divide and conquer" method.
- Use technology. Sign up for emails and text messages from your favorite retailers so you'll automatically be notified of special offers.
- Get rebates. Get cash back for online purchases by using sites like Ebates.com, FatWallet.com and Swagbucks.com.
- Use price matching. For the first time, Target is price matching online competitors Walmart, Amazon, Best Buy and Toys R Us. Save sales receipts in case you find a better price at a later date.
But wait! There's Small Business Saturday's and you go to the mom and pop smaller business and support the local stores that aren't "Big Box" stores and don't forget Cyber Monday when you go to the e commerce sites and shop online!
Now they start the sales at like 7pm on Thanksgiving! The employees are threatening to walk out and not show up. They're not gonna take it! Slacker's mad because you should be relaxing and taking naps!
Steve reminds us that Thankgiving wasn't originally about turkey. It was mostly Seafood! It's about Native Americans and discovering new worlds...
What is your Black Friday story?
I wait until the middle of December and knock it out in one-two days...Done! I have waited in line for new products during regular days ansd there is no way I'm going to take part in that madness. I've seen the video. Mostly on Funniest People Videos or whatever. No Thanks!
Peace, Love and Good Happiness Stuff! - Ray the Intern
(Photo Courtesy of freedigitalphotos.net)